K-12 Next Generation Science Standards
Source: California Department of Education. Adopted by the California State Board of Education September 2013.
Grade Level Standards (K-12)
- CCR Anchor Standards for Reading K-5
- CCR Anchor Standards for Reading 6-12
- CCR Anchor Standards for Reading 6-12 (History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects)
- California Science Teachers Assocation
CSTA represents science educators throughout California—in every science discipline at every grade level, Kindergarten through University. CSTA is a leader in statewide reform initiatives, and provides leadership opportunities for members to serve on state advisory committees, including framework, standards, and textbook committees.
- National Science Teachers Association
Detailed information about science in all grades. After viewing this highly diverse site, visitors will have a wealth of information about their particular science interests.
- California Department of Education
This link gives the latest information for science educators about the upcoming Next Generation Science Standards and about Common Core implementation in the classroom. The website also provides links to resources about curriculum, best practices, grant opportunities, and teacher support.
- Next Generation Science Standards
This site provides links pertinent to NGSS, from its beginnings as a national collaborative to current practices regarding the Next Generation Science Standards, all from a national perspective.